A new benefit for NAHB members is our “Legal Tips” section on www.nahb.org that includes regularly updated postings from our Legal Research Program. During its 37 years of continuous operation, the Legal Research Program has responded to thousands of our members’ legal questions covering a wide range of subjects related to residential construction and business operations for home builders, remodelers and associates.
The program strives to provide accurate legal information in plain language that is easily understood. Current topics include:
- Website images and copyright infringement
- Voluntary Affirmative Marketing Agreements
- Immigration law compliance and subcontractors
- Cancellation requirements for home improvement contracts
- Pre-contract language for protecting plans submitted with bids
Please note that the responses appearing in “Legal Tips” have been modified to protect the identity and privacy of the members making the original requests for information. NAHB members can access “Legal Tips” by visiting www.nahb.org/legaltips. For more information on “Legal Tips,” or to make individual requests for legal information from the Legal Research Program, contact David Crump at 800-368-5242 x8491.